Amour Recruitment are delighted to be supporting a globally-recognised automotive finance company with their search for additional Underwriters to join their team based in Trefforest. Our client have a large team spread across 10 European countries, with a wide range of career and development opportunities and a relentless focus on service excellence for customers across Europe and beyond.
As an Underwriter Representative, your day to day role will involve assessing finance applications to make informed decisions on the creditworthiness of customers.
- Review and assess credit and lease applications to evaluate application characteristics and issue a decision in accordance with credit policy and procedures and within service levels.
- Ensure the company's Finance’s risk appetite is managed and Fraud risk is prevented effectively by adhering to the Acquisitions Policies and Procedures.
- Answer inbound calls within agreed service levels.
- Issue clear, accurate decisions to the retailer network, in line with service levels.
- Work with the team on a shift pattern to cover the requirement for a 7 day operation in support of the retailers and customers
- Actively participate in, contribute to and lead business projects.
- Collaborate with the wider Retail Acquisitions and Operations teams.
- Contribute to the coaching and training of colleagues and new employees.
- Understanding and promoting the policy on treating customers fairly (TCF)
- To ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern the business and complete all regulatory knowledge training where applicable in a timely fashion
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous underwriting experience beneficial.
- Good understanding of the Consumer Credit Act and other applicable legislation.
- Motor finance experience.
- Good understanding of the credit process.
- Broad overview of the retail/ lease/ commercial finance industry as well as the motor vehicle industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Ability to analyse complex problems, make good decisions and develop working solutions.
- Ability to support people in improving their performance
This role is being offered with hybrid working available and a starting salary of £26k, plus a whole host of company benefits including Health Insurance, Excellent pension scheme and Gym membership discounts.
Don't worry if you don't tick all of the boxes above, we welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background or experience level. If you're looking for a new opportunity, one of our experienced consultants will be happy to have a confidential conversation with you and give you more details on this or any of our other vacancies with our ever growing list of clients!